What should you do if you have multiple or duplicate Google My Business listings? First, understand that the information you have on your Google My Business Listing is a big deal. And, Google value consistent information. So, having multiple listings with different information is hurting your business. Below is a checklist of what we recommend:
- Google your business name and see what show up – are there multiple listings or just one? Just one? Great.
- Verify the following information is on your business’ knowledge car on the right:
- Website URL (allows customer to click and go directly to your site)
- Hours (make sure your hours as Google considers them for searches like “plumber near me that is open”)
- Images (are new and fresh)
- Update any correct information as potential customers will move to another listing if they find something is incorrect.
- If you have multiple or duplicate listings ask Google to merge or delete the listings. You can do this by logging into your Google My Business account If you have a question about how to do this, we can help! Give us a call or send an email and we’ll be there to assist you.
These small steps can go along ways to improving your company’s performance in Google searches. If you need help making changes, merging or deleting Google My Business listings Wit Digital is always available.